Saturday, July 9, 2011

Doesnt work, change it!

     This week has been a week of mixed feelings for me.  I have had an emotional rollercoaster that drives me off my diet and causes a feeling of failure which then hits an emotional binge.  Figure competitions has this effect of eating disorders on most women.  Society's picture of fit woman makes us all battle for a unique shape, that whenever we get side-tracked it feels like we've let ourselves down.  I know many girls that have suffered at one point of their lives from an eating disorder and nowadays, I would consider it a normal feeling to go through.  Many figure athletes have gone through this and can offer help through personal training or skype chatting so if you need a helping hand, you can contact me or a chick you can relate too.
     At this point of my life, Im unable to see the changes in my body from the diet Ive been doing for the last couple of years to get ripped.  Its causing my energy levels to go up & down, Im feeling bloated & the worst one Ive been wanting to cheat more.  This is supposed to be a fun journey & there is no way Ill be able to stick to this plan for 16 weeks.  Luckily enough, I know my body and chatting with another professional, Ive decided to do a LOW CARB diet for the 1st time in my life.  Contest Preperation isnt a time to change things up or try new things, but I have no choice.  I take the risk or I pull I out, and being a risk taker, Im up for it! :)
     I wont be eating any carbs so I will be appearing flatter but that doesnt matter through the diet.  Not a large variety of food but believe me, at this time of my life, Ive learnt that food is energy, Im not in it for the taste, Im in it to get ripped.  Going on such a diet you run a risk of getting dehydrated so you really have to make sure you water intake is on a high.  Im aiming for at least 4-6ltrs per day.
     I tried the diet for a few days to see if I could handle it, cos the idea of no carbs freaks me out.  I found that my energy levels remained consistent, I looked harder when I looked at the mirrors in the gym when I trained and that really motivates me.  Putting on so much weight after last comp and going through the operation during xmas I just want to lose weight and get in to my normal size.  See, I even understand what it means not being able to fit in clothes... BUT Im doing something about it and so can you!
     If you are following my blog and will follow my diet, I can not stress to you how important it is to drink water during this heat as this is a very advance diet & not healthy at all.  If you are not such a serious trainer, contact me for a customised meal plan.  I would rather you follow what I preach, not a risk that Im taking...;)
     During this week I will post on my Froso Luca Athlete Page some pics of my meals that Im having to keep it interesting.  My training changes to less HIGH Intensity sessions and more SLOW walking... This should be fun, as changes are usually fun for me.... Keep checking my page out!!!
TRAIN HARD - EAT CLEAN - KEEP SMILING :)

1 comment:

  1. cool blog will be interesting to follow good luck with keto ect

    ReplyDelete